Thursday, September 25, 2008

On Mental Pin Ball

So the latest from Elder Byrd is that he's been singing again.
Got duped into singing “Zuud Noirondoo” by The Lemons in English class, but they have to sing “Mr. Lonely” by Akon. So that’ll be cool.
To my surprise my reaction to Akon's plight was amusement rather than the empathy. Let's face it, at some point in our lives many of us girls have harbored unspoken hopes that "he" will have a change of heart before it is too late. Then one day the song playing in my head morphed into "I'm so ronery" . . . at least now I know what I found funny. The empathy and melancholy finally came when I found an "enhanced" Akon video. Maybe it is time for Ginny to realize that he wouldn't be the first guy to use his wounded heart to gain the sympathy of another rather than meet you half way.

No comments: